Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Jack's Bedroom Tour | Jennifer V Designs | Toledo, OH

I thought it would be fun to give you a tour of Jack's bedroom, since I've already shown you Julia's.  I completed his room when he was 2 years old and now he's 5.  My mom shared with me recently that her and my sister had a discussion about Jack's room ....... they couldn't believe I hadn't had the urge to redecorate it.




The truth is...... I love it! Every time I walk into it, I still love it.  The bedding that I chose, from Serena & Lily, is timeless and works for a small little guy or a big boy.  Their color block shams and initial pillows are my all time favorite, as they give every bed a classic, yet fun look, without being too much!



Jack has a little room off the main part of his room and it's worked out great, filling it with toys that are extra special to him and offers an escape to get away from his sister if he needs a break!:)



My mom made the valences in his room.




The valances are made out of the same Pottery Barn Kids shower curtain that is in his bathroom (I still need to change out the shower curtain tension rod, just never think to do it).  I had purchased the shower curtain several years ago and when I was trying to find the right fabric for his valances, a friend suggested using the shower curtain.  It worked out perfectly!



I've mentioned that I love photographs and canvases of my kiddos everywhere in my home and one of my favorite canvases is of Jack when he was two.  It's an oversized canvas, but it works well in the space.



Hope you've enjoyed Jack's room tour.  We've got a special weekend, as Jack's sister Julia turns 3 tomorrow and her birthday party is this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love Jack's room....and yes, I can't believe that you haven't changed a thing since he was 2!! I can't wait for you to design Jakey's room when he transitions into a big boy room! :)

    ReplyDelete